UVU invites you to a dialogue with the campus community on race. It’s an opportunity
to listen and be heard as we process thoughts, feelings, and concerns about recent
events. Together we will explore concrete steps we can take as a university to address
our campus climate and support each other to eliminate racism.
- Be respectful of others thoughts and emotions.
- Use “I language” and speak only from your experience.
- Be specific when talking about your experiences with others. Don’t use words like
“them” and “they.”
- Keep what others say in the meeting confidential.
What is the consequence for not following the ground rules?
- The first time we request that you follow the rules.
- The second time we will mute you.
- The third time we will remove you from the meeting.
Online Discussion Etiquette
- There is a 90 second limit for each participant.
- Mute your mic if you are not speaking.
- Use the raise your hand feature in Teams if you would like to speak.